Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mason Jar Soap Dispenser (Guest Post}

I'm happy to be hosting Kelley from The Grant Life today!  She's a proud Texan with many talents and actually did my blog design, which I love.  Without further ado, heeeere's Kelley...    

Hi y'all!  I'm so excited for Tricia and her family!  We have been bloggy friends since I first started blogging and it's so fun to see her family growing!  My name is Kelley and I blog over at the Grant life.  I share thrifty, crafty, food goodness and my life with two beautiful babies. 


Last year I made the resolution to spend only $20 per person on gifts for Christmas.  It went really well and I had a great time making all kinds of presents for my family and friends.  This year I'll do the same thing and I'm sure that everyone on my list will get one of these super cute mason jar soap containers. 


You'll need:
Mason jar
Washi tape 
Bakers twine
Hand soap pump
Paint markers


This was so easy to make that I didnt even take pictures of the process.  I put some washi tape on the jar, some bakers twine up top and doodled on it with a paint marker.  I then punched a hole through the metal part with my scissors.  



I added a whole bottle of bath and body works soap to the jar and it only filled it a third of the way.  Ooops.  I may need to downsize my jars come Christmas-time.  



All finished and ready to be used in the kitchen.  I cant wait to make some more of these for gifts in a few months!  

Thanks for letting me share a fun craft with your readers!  I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one!  If y'all get a chance stop by my blog and say hello!  I'm also on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.  I love social media and making new friends! 

1 comment: