Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Chia Banana Oatmeal Muffins

Ryan and I have joined the chia seed epidemic.  I tweaked a few recipes to our liking and we have been enjoying these chia banana oatmeal muffins (made with no butter, oil, or sugar!) for a quick and easy breakfast.


Chia Banana Oatmeal Muffins

2 tablespoons chia seeds
3/4 cup flour (could use whole wheat)
3/4 cup oatmeal
2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
2 teaspoons baking soda
3 ripe bananas
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup applesauce
1 egg

Combine chia seeds, flour, oatmeal, cinnamon, and baking soda.  Mix bananas, honey, vanilla, applesauce, and egg.  Combine wet and dry ingredients.  Bake in greased muffin pan at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.  Makes 1 dozen moist and delicious muffins.



Linking here.

7 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try chia seeds. Thanks for the recipe! Hope your summer is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about chia seeds. Haven't had the opportunity to try them yet. Visiting from Embracing Change linkup :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve just told me about chia seeds and brought some home...i had never heard of them before, but this is so funny you then posted this. Now i know what to do with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok. The only chia I know are those chia pet plants. What am I missing out on here?! :)
    Thanks so much for linking up at I Gotta Create! <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those looks really yummy and good for you too.
    I love a good hearty muffin.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week on Food on Friday, we are collecting ideas for using bananas. Would you be happy to link this in? Here is the link .

    PS I found this via Live.Laugh.Rowe

    ReplyDelete
  7. If some one wishes expert view concerning running a blog afterward i advise him/her to visit
    this webpage, Keep up the fastidious work.

    Also visit my site Wagner Sprayers

    ReplyDelete